Glamping Sussex with Hot Tub
We are a family run working farm in the heart of the Sussex Weald offing Glamping and Camping. We have a meadow in the middle of 70 acres of ancient coppiced woodland for those who enjoy a bit of wild camping with open fires. We have our bell tents in gorgeous private clearings with wood-burning stoves and toilet and shower facilities, and right at the top of the camping scale we have our safari tent, in a large sunny glade in exclusive area of woodland, 3 bedrooms, wood burning range, ‘normal’ hot shower and hot water to the Belfast sink in the kitchen, state of the art waterless toilet, you really couldn’t ask for anything more. This is the ultimate in luxury camping, or glamping as it has become known. The newest addition to our camping stable is, The Cabin which was built by a team from William Hardie Designs after an idea by architect and innovative design aficionado George Clarke. The build was filmed throughout and shown on the third series of the Channel 4 programme George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces, using local resources and timber harvested from our ancient coppice woodland.
PRODUCE, CATERING AND EVENTS
We produce our own beef from our pedigree herd of Sussex cattle and our pork is bred from traditional breeds such as the Saddleback, crossed with the Large Black, we also have a small herd of Southdown sheep. A selection of all our meat is available buy from our shop during your stay, if you would like to pre-order any meat so that it is ready for your arrival please drop me an email.
In our SHOP, alongside our own meat and eggs we stock a range of basics to get you through your stay.
Breck Falconry is running at the farm and we will have more free displays throughout the year. Ruby Taylor from Native Hands is again running her wonderful wild basketry and pottery courses. Please check out our events for more information.
THE CABIN – with Wood Fired Hot Tub and Shower Sleeps 4
The Cabin build was filmed throughout and shown on the third series of the Channel 4 programme George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces, using local resources and timber harvested from our ancient coppice woodland.
We have made substantial changes to the cabin since then tripling it in size as although the small space with hidden furniture worked well for TV, on a practical level it just didn’t! We have created a separate bedroom and doubled the size of the living room creating an open plan kitchen/diner/sitting room. The sitting room end has a comfy double leather sofa bed with red velvet curtains you can pull across making another cosy bedroom. The bedroom has a triple sleeper (double bed at the bottom, single on top) so this means that if you’re travelling as a family you can put the kids to bed and have a bit of adult time at the end of the evening, and if you’re a couple it means you have a separate room and won’t have to use the sofa bed. One of the walls can still be lowered as seen in the original programme. For cooking there is a gas oven with a hob plus you can get a pan on top of the woodburner.
- The Cabin sleeps five people, as a couple you would use the double bed of the triple sleeper in the bedroom, if you’re travelling as a family the children can have the bedroom and as parents you can use the sofa bed in the main space
- Bedding and linen provided
- Equipped for four people; pots, pans, enamel plates etc, cutlery and proper wine glasses!
- Large cool box
- Dining Table and chairs
- Plenty of logs and kindling to start you off and more are available to buy at reception.
- Lighting is Victorian oil lamps, and solar lights; as the space is light and airy and not vast, it is easily lit.
OUTSIDE SPACE includes
- Victorian cast iron water bowser converted into a gorgeous Wood Fired Hot Tub and separate cold Shower
- Fire pit surrounded by oak seats and table with a grill and tripod and dutch oven
- Composting loo made out of George’s favourite ‘wiggly tin’
However if all that ‘lighting fires for hot water’ is too much for you it’s only a short walk back up to the shower block and a bit of modernity!
Please bring torch and bath towels
BELL TENTS – Sleeps 4
Our gorgeous five metre Bell Tents are in individual clearings in the woods just off the sunset side of the camping field. The clearings allow each tent its own privacy and are large enough to let in lots of sunshine. They are sumptuously furnished with everything you’ll need for 4 people and come complete with their own tripod with grill pan and Dutch oven in which you can cook anything from bread to a roast dinner.
- Double futon and two single cotton mattresses which are ideal for children
- 2 ring gas stove
- All the pots, pans and utensils you’ll need
- Mini Wood Burning stove to keep you toasty warm if the evenings are chilly
- The bell tents have their own toilet and shower facilities and ‘Tree Bog’
- Hazel Hurdle Outdoor Shower you just need to heat up some water to put in the galvanised shower bucket, all part of the fun! Or you can of course use the new shower block up at the car park for the more faint hearted!
- Initial ‘fire pack’ of 1 x 15kg net of logs, 1 net of kindling, 1 pack of fire-lighters and a pack of matches. More of all of these can be bought at our shop.
The Bell Tents are situated near our Wild Camping field and are a 400M walk from the carpark, the site is car free and off grid (no power in the tents) Those with mobility concerns should contact us first. Oak Tent is more private in a wooded clearing, Ash and Willow Tents are in a grassy clearing surrounded by the woodland, they are separated by curved woven fence so work equally well for booking both tents together or separately.
You just need to bring your own bedding and towels, we also suggest you bring torch and a battery powered light for use inside the tent.
SAFARI TENT – Sleeps up to 8
Situated in a large sunny glade in an exclusive area in our ancient woodland, it offers home from home comfort with the excitement and adventure of sleeping under canvas. Living ‘off grid’ in the woodland for a few days or a week gives a unique experience of being with nature and the tents are equipped with lots of reference books for adults and children alike and spotter guides for each of the seasons that children can take off and explore with, it really is a children’s paradise.
- Sleeps up to 8 if you use the sofa bed. Sleeps six in two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and a double cabin bed which children love. Please advise on booking if sofa bed is required as bedding is not automatically provided.
- Bed Linen
- The kitchen is equipped with everything you‘ll need to cook up feasts for the family
- Belfast sink (with hot water)
- Woodburning range with oven for big stews and roast dinners plus a two ring cast iron gas burner
- Plenty of soft furnishings and woolly blankets for sofas and beds, but also hot water bottles in case the nights are chilly come spring and autumn
- Dining table and chairs
- Sofas and comfy chairs round the wood burner
- From the back of the tent you access the bathroom which contains a large corner shower unit, free standing basin (both with hot water) and state of the art waterless toilet
- Initial ‘fire pack’ of 1 x 15kg net of logs, 1 net of kindling, 1 pack of firelighters and a pack of matches. More of all of these can be bought at our shop
- From the back of the tent you access the bathroom which contains a large corner shower unit, free standing basin (both with hot water) and an eco waterless composting toilet.
OUTSIDE there is
- Fire pit with a large double tripod
- Grill and Dutch Oven for outdoor cooking
- Big tree trunks around the fire
- Outside seating on the veranda
- Herb garden to add to your culinary masterpieces
All the bed linen is included in the price, you only need bring your own towels. Pets welcome but please can they bring their own beds!
CAMPING ALSO AVAILABLE The Encampment is an area in the woodland around a fenced natural pond, the area has been coppiced and three beautiful camping pitches have been created. Each one is large enough to pitch the largest of family tents with space for a pop-up too. They have have their own fire pit ringed by wooden seats, and if you book all three pitches you will have this beautiful area all to yourselves. The Encampment has its own tree bog loo and covered washing up area. To have the whole area to yourself you would need to book all three (Sycamore, Holly and Hazel) so you would need to request all 3 pitches. All the normal rules around sound still apply in this area.
Bell Tents from £192.50 for 3 nights
Safari Tent from £385 for 3 nights
Cabin from £325 for 3 nights
Camping from £15 for adults, £7.50 for children 5 & over (min charge £25)
3 night weekend breaks and 4 night mid week brekas available, however we can be flexible and offer shorter midweek breaks outside the school holidays
Camping £10 for adults £5 for children 5 and over per night
We are a dog friendly camp site, providing they are kept under control
Sorry no partying groups
The whole site is car free with a short walk from the car park (200-400m) – park your car in the car park and then ferry your gear using our fleet of trolleys and wheel barrows
OPENING DATES – Easter until the end of October
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.