Welcome to Glamping at Surrey Hills Yurts. Imagine breathing in the fresh air as you explore the Surrey Hills on a guided walk or listening to the birds twitter in the woods nearby during a yoga retreat. Later return to your luxury yurt for an evening under the star-dusted sky overhead, surrounded by glowing lanterns and the cosy warmth of your wood-burning stove. Our luxury yurts wrapped in the Surrey Hills are a slice of indulgence in the wild and create the luxury holiday in the UK. We welcome couples, families and friends and want you all to fall in love with our wild space in Surrey, set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. See the bluebells blanket the woodland in spring time, spot Jenny Wrens in the trees during a hot summer or toast marshmallows in front of our firepit during the winter as the branches glisten with snow. Surrey Hills Yurts makes the perfect escape whatever the time of year.
Working in the city? Fancy a short break in the country in a beautifully handcrafted Ash Yurt? Why not catch a train after work on Friday and come and stay with us in our rural idyll. In a matter of 1 hour on the train from London you can be bare foot in the middle of the Surrey Hills. We can pick you up from the station in an old fashion Landrover or arrange for heavy horse drawn carriage. You can do some cycling, walking or even horse riding.
We are in an excellent location with easy access to good country pubs, restaurants and some of the best walking countryside in the UK. You can even pre order your food shopping with us so when you arrive all with be there waiting for you! So why not – take a green and hassle free break! Cyclist and Ramblers this is a perfect base for exploration of the Surrey Hills – no need for car – you can walk or cycle everywhere. If you don’t have a bicycle we can drop you at the local bicycle hire shop.
ASH, OAK AND HAZEL – each sleep up to 6 people. All yurts include –
- Depending on yurt King Sized or Double or Futon beds
- Woodburner to heat yurt and boil the kettle
- Chest of drawers
- Table and chairs
- Room divider
- Blanket box with warm blankets
- Local area information pack
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF YOUR STAY
- Basket of logs for your wood-burning stove. Extra logs available at a small extra charge
- Use of duvets, pillows and fresh bed linen
- Biodegradable shampoo and shower gel
- Basic cooking ingredients, including tea, coffee and sugar
- Use of crockery box, including corkscrew and matches
- Use of lanterns and torches
WE RECOMMEND YOU BRING
Clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste and wellies or walking boots so you can explore the muddy countryside!
The Yurts have a wood-burning stove inside to heat the yurt and boil a kettle. You can cook in the nearby communal area using the gas-fired stoves or the fire pit.
Our luxurious washroom and compost toilet are a short walk from your yurt and, though it looks rustic from the outside, step inside and you’ll find a touch of luxury with eco-friendly products, towels and warm running water.
ELECTRICITY AND HEATING
Our site has no electricity so we provide lanterns and torches during your stay, which add to the ambience of your holiday experience! Your yurt has its own wood-burner to keep you warm. Water is heated by solar panels or gas.
You can pre order your shopping from local producers – we can email you a list of available products for you to choose from, including meat, cheeses and chocolate, which will be waiting for you on arrival. We also have available some of our rare bread pork on our site.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Walking – We are surrounded by a network of footpaths and bridleways so we’re the perfect base for a walking holiday. We can also arrange guided walks with our charismatic qualified ecologist guide. You can walk to Westcott across the fields or follow the footpaths into nearby Dorking or cross a single track lane onto Leith Hill.
- Cycling – A huge cycle network surrounds us so bring your bike and explore this Outstanding Area of Natural Beauty. We can also arrange for you to hire a bike from a local cycling company nearby.
- Rummage for antiques – West Street in Dorking is the place to be if you love antiques.
- Albury Organic Vinyard
- Denbies Wine Estate – open for wine tours, tastings and features an indoor wine experience and outdoor vineyard train.
- Horse riding and heavy horse skills – Enjoy horse riding in the Surrey Hills or learn a traditional skill such as carriage driving lessons with Daniel Brown.
- Bocketts Farm is a working farm and educational attraction for all the family
- Abinger Hammer Kingfishers Farm shop with varieties of local food and drinks
- Bertram Bees in Westcott, discover artisan food, enjoy an afternoon coffee or relax in the evening at the bar with a local ale from the Hogs Back or Tillingbourne breweries.
- Dorking restaurants – from quaint cafes and specialty restaurants to chains such as Pizza Express and Café Rouge
- Visit one of the local village pubs while you are out walking or cycling in the Surrey Hills.
- Visit London, we are a short drive from nearby Dorking
RURAL CRAFTS EDUCATION
We run courses and activities throughout the year, from willow sculpting and wood carving to one of our yoga retreats. Please enquire for our upcoming events. We welcome any suggestions in regards to rural courses and we will be happy to arrange this for you.
PRICES PER YURT Sleeping up to 6
LOW SEASON 1 October to 31 March
Weekend Stay £250 for 2 people / 2 nights
Mid-week stay £200 for 2 people / 2 nights
Plus £45 for each additional person per stay
Extra £85 for additional night.
HIGH SEASON 1 April to 30 September
Weekend stay £320 for 2 people /2 nights
Mid-week stay £250 for 2 people / 2 nights
Extra £45 for each additional person per stay
£100 for each extra day
Gift vouchers available
OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.