Glamping Suffolk near Southwold
Hidden Meadows Glamping on the Suffolk Norfolk border is in easy reach of Southwold, Aldeburgh and historic city of Norwich The glamping site is set in 25 acres of wild flower meadows, woodland and hedges, ponds, readbeds with a large stream meandering through the middle. Perfect for a quiet relaxing walk at any time of day. Who knows, you may be lucky enough to spot a kingfisher! We have worked closely with Suffolk Wildlife Trust and The Woodland Trust to preserve and enhance this rich and varied site, using eco-friendly methods when possible to manage and maintain the diverse area of nature. There are many different species of flora and fauna for you to see and enjoy and by staying at Hidden Meadows you are helping us to protect this truly amazing site.
Our Safari Tents are sited in one of the meadows, which is a car free site, with views of the surrounding meadows and woodland, they are furnished and equipped to a luxury standard so that you have everything you need for your ‘get away from it all’ holiday.
KINGFISHER TENT sleeps 4 to 6 people. We can accommodate 2 extra persons (making a total of 6 persons) by adding good quality fold away beds with bedding and linen for just £5 per bed, please request at time of booking.
NIGHTINGALE TENT sleeps 6 to 8 people. We can accommodate 2 extra persons (making a total of 8 persons) by using a double fold out bed from the leather corner sofa with bedding and linen for just £10 per bed, please request at time of booking.
You may bring a small (up to 2 person) tent with you, to put up next to your safari tent for an extra £5 per night but please let us know at the time of booking.
Inside the Tents are
- Comfy leather sofas
- Warm throws
- Internal wood burner to cosy up to when the campfire has burned down outside
- Kitchen with gas cooker
- Solar powered fridge
- Cutlery, crockery, glasses, full set of saucepans etc
- Condiments, cooking oil
- Kitchen linen, hand soap, toilet roll and washing up liquid
- Sink with running water (cold only)
- Dining table and chairs
- Victorian style iron beds with memory foam mattresses
- Warm feather and down quilts (non-feather available upon request) made up for your arrival with high quality 100% cotton bed linen
- Thick soft towels
- Battery powered internal tilly lamps, head torches and tea lights
- Your own private eco-toilet and a shower with plenty of hot running water!
Also included is a welcome pack to get your holiday started consisting of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, a pint of milk, marshmallows for toasting over the campfire and a homemade cake &
All wood (from our sustainable woodland) and fire lighters for the camp fire and wood burner for the length of your stay
- Campfire/BBQ, utensils, toasting forks and starter amount of charcoal
- Outside table and Chairs
- You will also have your own free range chickens for the length of your stay if you choose to, so you can collect your freshly laid eggs each day (if the girls will oblige!)
There is no electricity within the safari tents lighting is supplied by solar powered awning lights, lanterns, wind-up torches and tea lights. We are happy to recharge mobile phones, iPads and laptops etc.
A safe distance from the tents is a 1/3 acre pond stocked with wild native fish for the exclusive use of our guests so why not bring your fishing rods or hire ours.
WHAT TO BRING
- Waterproof footwear (even in summer the grass can be quite wet with morning dew)
- Warm clothing, it can sometimes get chilly when the camp fire dies down
- Eco-friendly toiletries
- Camera so you can take amazing pictures of the wildlife which is all around you
- Binoculars to get a closer look at the different species of birds and other animals at Hidden Meadows
For a small extra cost we can include some things that we think will make your Suffolk Camping experience that little bit more special!
QUINTESSENTIAL BRITISH AFTERNOON TEA
Includes a selection of homemade sandwiches, savouries, cakes and scones with clotted cream and jam, plus a jug of Pimms or traditional lemonade and tea served on china tableware and cake stands. Table set with linen and flowers served either on the tent veranda or inside the tent.
WELCOME HOT MEAL
A home made cottage pie with fresh veg and gravy or a vegetable lasagne plus a fruit crumble and custard; enough for 4 people, all delivered to your tent upon your arrival or at any time during your stay . if you have any special dietary needs e.g. diabetic, gluten free etc. Please ring at time of booking and we will do our very best to cater for your needs.
ON LINE SHOPPING ORDER DELIVERY
Receive your online shopping order direct to your tent
SPECIAL OCCASION PACKAGES
Tailored to your requirements: birthdays, anniversaries, wedding proposals etc. (please ring at time of booking to discuss your requirements and obtain a price).
From our neighbour: Martha’s Cottage Cycle Hire. Explore the local area in a relaxing and eco-friendly way.
Suitable for anyone wanting to understand their natural surroundings a little bit better. Includes knot tying, identifying animal signs and tracks, how to navigate using a compass (and how to navigate without a compass), how to make a shelter and camp fire, and basic survival skills etc. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, minimum of 2 persons required, session to last approximately 2-3 hours.
OUT DOOR AIR RIFLE RANGE
Suitable for experienced rifle users or complete beginners as full instructions given by a qualified instructor who remains with you throughout the session. You will be able to shoot at a variety of targets and have the option of taking home your paper target to prove what a good shot you are! Minimum age is 8 years and over, children 16 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult, minimum of 2 persons for a session to take place.
There are so many local activities available near to you when at Hidden Meadows, below is just a small selection with many more to be discovered! To enhance your stay we have arranged a range of discounts with some of the local providers, more details given in your welcome pack upon arrival.
- Nearest Pub – 5 min walk Café & Garden Center – 15 min walk Nearest Beach – 15 min by car
- Southwold – 25 min by car
- North Cove Reserve
- Carlton Marshes
- Barnby Swan Pub and Renowned Fish Restaurant
- Three Horseshoes Pub and Restaurant
- Barnby Garden Centre and Café
- Beccles Lido
- Ellough Go-karting Track
- Ellough Airfield
- Broadland Leisure Centre and Restaurant
- Pleasurewood Hills
- Kessingland Zoo
- Market Towns of Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth
- Bungay Swimming Pool
- Somerleyton House and Gardens
- Fritton Lake
- Latitude Festival
- Southwold Town Centre and Pier
- Walberswick; great for taking the children crabbing
- Dunwich Woods and Beach
- Beaches of Norfolk and Suffolk
- Norwich City Centre
- Minsmere Nature Reserve – home of BBC Springwatch Program
From £90 per night per tent
Due to the wild nature of the site – i.e. uneven ground in places, unfenced water, wooden bridges to cross and the fact that the camp site is car-free; requiring a degree of walking from the car park (help with luggage is provided) – Hidden Meadows may not be suitable for people with mobility problems, please ring and enquire as to the suitability of Hidden Meadows for your holiday party’s needs before booking.
10% discount on stays of 4 nights or more
VERY SPECIAL OFFER TO COUPLES STAYING MIDWEEK!
Contact us for a quote to stay Midweek (excluding Bank and School Holidays)
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.