Glamping Wales with Hot Tub
Cwm Tawel is a luxury Yurt and Tipi glamping site in South Wales, based in a small valley meadow near Bridgend in the beautiful Llynfi Valley. It’s an alternative holiday experience for Families and Friends in Wales, come rain or shine by Glamping in Yurts. We are situated in a small valley surrounded by excellent walks and cycle tracks so keen walkers and cyclists will want to bring some boots/bikes. We are also 20mins away from some outstanding beaches and surfing at Porthcawl, Restbay and Ogmore by Sea. Whether you are looking for activity and adventure, or a relaxing break, Cwm Tawel offers a unique and unforgettable experience.
We originally began as a group of residents collecting fire wood together to see us through the winter nights, volunteering to help local farmers to reinstate lovely hedgerows for the local wildlife. We have developed our work into other areas of rural crafts such as dry stone walling and green woodwork. We can often be found around Lletty foraging for local wild foods and playing in the woods. We welcome visitors to come, stay and play, enjoy our countryside.
THE YURTS AND FACILITIES
A modern ‘turn up with your toothbrush’ form of camping where we can supply everything you need to enjoy staying with us. This accommodation is deliberately aimed at people who don’t want to have to pack ‘the kitchen sink’ or even a tent!
We have four Mongolian yurts and includes
- Each of our yurts has beds enough for 5, one double and 3 single pull out beds
- Cushions are supplied – but not bed linen
- The yurts are lit with a ring of fairy lights and a solar powered eco light
- Own private deck with a BBQ or Chimneas and outdoor seating
We also have a communal round house for
- Campfire cooking
- Cob/clay oven for baking or pizza making
- A full equipped indoor kitchen with all cooking equipment crocks and cutlery supplied including wood burning Rayburn, fridges, microwave, kettle and toaster
On site we have state of the art dry system compost loos from ‘Natsol’ and hot showers in our washrooms.
WOODFIRED HOT TUB
We now have a wood fired HOT TUB on site which seats 6 people. Pictures coming soon…!
WHAT TO BRING
- Your own duvets and bottom sheets or sleeping bags. If you want to hire these items there is a small cost, contact us to discuss your needs.
- You may need to bring a torch with you for late night trips to the loo.
- We have two camp cots available which can be booked alongside your accommodation booking.
- Charcoal is available to buy on site for your BBQ or Chimneas.
- We supply one basket of wood and kindling for your Log Burner after that baskets of wood can be purchased for £5.00.
- We are situated in a small valley surrounded by excellent walks and cycle tracks so keen walkers and cyclists will want to bring some boots/bikes.
- We are 20 mins away from some outstanding beaches and surfing at Porthcawl, Restbay and Ogmore by Sea so don’t forget your cozzies!!
PRICES PER YURT (sleeping 2 to 5 people)
LOW SEASON (All except school holidays and bank holidays)
- Monday – Friday (four nights) – £290
- Friday – Monday (three nights) – £290
- Monday – Monday (seven nights) – £460
HIGH SEASON (School holidays and bank holidays)
- Monday – Friday (four nights) – £355
- Friday – Monday (three nights) – £355
- Monday – Monday (seven nights) – £590
Wild Food Foraging – We’re pretty much out everyday now, so get in touch for a date you can make
The following half day courses can be arranged at anytime subject to availability by two or more participants: Willow Basking Making, Camp Spoon Carving, Felt Making, Coracle Making, Coppice Crafts, Welsh Love Spoons and Green woodworking.
Combine your stay with one of our fantastic short courses for an unforgettable experience!
ALSO AT CWM TAWEL
Special Events including Stag and Hen party bookings for up to 20 people, Wedding packages for up to 100 guests (accommodation for 20), Friends and Family Party Bookings and Corporate Team Building Days. Contact us to for more details!
We also offer a 20% cashback refund on total cost to anyone arriving by foot or cycle (Zero Carbon transport means).
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.