Loch Ness Glamping is a pet-friendly holiday accommodation near Loch Ness in the Great Glen, Scotland. The perfect camping trip to the Highlands, set right next door to one of the highest rated Trip Advisor bed and breakfast accommodation in Drumnadrochit by Loch Ness. Enjoy a relaxing break and soak up the glamping experience during your holiday near Inverness in one of our custom-built Armadillas – eco camping pods, a fascinating alternative to traditional camping. Lovely architectural sculptures in themselves, our glamping Armadillas are clad in larch to blend with the stunning landscape of Glenurquhart. Our glamping eco pods in their parkland campsite in the Highlands make for a glamorous camping experience in the Great Glen near Inverness like no other.
The village of Drumnadrochit is a short bicycle ride away, where visitors can enjoy the local Loch Ness Monster exhibitions, cruises on Loch Ness or a visit to Urquhart Castle. Inverness, capital city of the Highlands, is a short drive away. The Cairngorm mountains are also within easy driving distance and offer excellent walking, snowboarding and skiing opportunities to enhance your experience of glamping in the Highlands. There are always things to do in the highlands whatever the season and now that glamping has arrived there is absolutely no reason not to go out and do it!
Comfortable, glamorous and very affordable, we offer a range of tailor made food options so we can design a package to suit your holiday style and introduce a note of luxury to glamping in Scotland at reasonable prices. We are already known for our excellent hospitality at our Great Glen bed and breakfast accommodation – we bring the same high level of service and attention to the needs of our guests with our new glamorous camping venture, Loch Ness Glamping. Our Armadilla camping pods have their own front decks overlooking the glen (Glen Urquhart) so you can sit back, eat, drink, enjoy the scenery and the plentiful wildlife at any time of the year.
5 exclusive Armadillas set within the backdrop of the Great Glen and surrounded by world renowned nature in all it’s highland splendour this is the most glamorous adventure you may ever experience!
Our Armadillas include:
- Sleeping space for two people
- TV / DVD with iPod dock
- Wet room with WC, shower and wash basin
- Free WiFi
- Crockery and cutlery supplied
- Underfloor heating and hot water
- Kettle, toaster and fridge
- Storage cupboard and drawers
- Each Armadilla also comes with fresh bedding and towels
- Private BBQ / fire pit for each unit
- Microwave available in indoor BBQ house
- If families wish to stay in the Armadillas with children they will need to book Armadillas 3 and 4, which are next door to each other.
Armadillas 1 – 4 £58.00 per night for two people sharing
Armadilla Max £65.00 per night for two people sharing (slightly larger with higher specification)
Friday/Saturday night bookings £7.00 supplement for Armadillas 1 – 4 & Armadilla Max
All our Armadillas are Double / Twin
Single night bookings are available, except on Fridays or Saturdays (unless filling a gap between bookings)
SELF CATERING AT LOCH NESS GLAMPING FOR FAMILIES!
A warm highland introduction is needed for our up-market pad The Stables, a stone’s throw from the Armadillas set within our horse haven, The Stables offers a larger layout with extra amenities perfect for families or those looking for a whole lot more.
The Stables includes:
- 6′ double bed
- Separate room with single and set of bunk beds for children / two adults
- TV / DVD
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Central heating and hot water
- Crockery, cutlery and cooking items supplied
- Private undercover outdoor seating area
- Large luxury bathroom
- Private patio BBQ area and fire pit
- Hot tub available (at extra cost)
- Sauna available (at extra cost)
- Indoor dining area
- Fresh bedding and towels supplied
Sleeps 2-3 adults / family of 5
£115 per night for family of 4, or 3 adults
£85 per night (2 people)
Prices are subject to a £10 supplement during July and August
THE POSH PAD
Fancy the finer things in life? Hello Posh Pad! Set within the main farmhouse only 100m from the Armadillas this perfectly private pad opens on to a luxury large patio with BBQ and fire pit, a lawn to play football / ball games on, with trampoline, slide and swing. All spec is the same as its brother pad The Stables; however children are on roll up mattresses within the very large main room.
Max 2 adults / family of 4
£95 per night for family of 4
£75 per night for 2 adults
Prices are subject to a £10 supplement during July and August
BBQS WHATEVER THE WEATHER
All this and your own front deck with elevated views across Glen Urquhart … not your average camping trip! We also provide a private BBQ and fire pit for each Armadilla and lodge as well as a shared covered eating area and indoor BBQ facility. The Stables and Posh Pad have their own private under cover eating area. There is a lit, under cover washing-up area, ample parking …and some friendly neighbours to help entertain you; granted, they are a Highland cow, Shetland sheep and some very human-like horses – but what better way to be welcomed into the stunning Great Glen?
We have organic home reared meat available to purchase as well as home grown salad and vegetable options in season. There is a small supermarket in the vilage, open until 10pm.
The village takeaway will deliver food to your door. We have seven restaurants in the village, two of which offer a free pick up and return service. One of these – Cobbs Restaurant – has a great view of loch ness. Book your free transport yourself, or we can arrange it for you on request.
- Tree House / Slide
- Horse Swing
- Lawn to play ball games
- Leisure area by river with BBQ
- Woodland walk challenge for children and adults that have Peter Pan syndrome
- Please ask if you wish to brush the cows or feed the sheep.
- Continental breakfast £4.50 collected from the country kitchen
- Full set cooked breakfast (organic local eggs, bacon, vine tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage and haggis, toast, jam/marmalade and apple/orange juice) £7.50 collected from our country kitchen
- The Posh Pad and The Stables: have breakfast delivered to your room and include fresh coffee and tea-leaf tea
- Logs for the fire pit and charcoal for the BBQ are available on site
- Laundry facility £10.00 for a load washed and dried
- Dogs are welcome: there is a £5 charge per night for a dog. Please note dogs cannot be left in the Armidallas unattended and must be kept on a lead while on the site
SAUNA AND HOT TUB AT SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
- Sauna: £5 per adult
- Posh Pad and Stables have option of Hot Tub use at £5 per adult
OTHER ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
- Boots N Paddles – local award winning outdoor pursuits company
- Hire a Cruiser On The Caledonian Canal
- Cruises on Loch Ness
- Guided Highland Tours and Walking Tours
- Urquhart Castle
- Cairngorm mountains
Loch Ness Glamping also offer Bed and Breakfast accommodation at:
Great Glen Bed and Breakfast
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.