Our unique glamping offer in Scotland at Dundas Castle is situated near South Queensferry, approximately half an hour by car west of the centre of Edinburgh and just south of the Forth Road Bridge. Each of our luxury glamping Canvas Cottages are situated in peaceful surroundings within their own secluded wooded knolls with breath-taking views of the Castle’s Loch. What better way to awaken in the morning than to the sounds of the birds and rustling of the trees. As the dawn moves into morning, sit in your king size bed, looking out directly over the Castle’s Loch and watch the ducks, swans and herons, then enjoy breakfast, delivered by the Castle staff on your own private dining deck.
Glampotel Dundas Castle is a collaboration with owners, Sir Jack and Lady Lydia Stewart-Clark, and is undoubtedly the most prestigious and exclusive glamping location in Scotland. Glampotel Dundas Castle brings everything people love about camping without the downsides. Whether it is sleeping under the stars, alfresco cooking and dining, falling asleep to the sounds of nature; five star glamping is the ultimate way to enjoy the great Scottish outdoors. Whether you choose to dine al-fresco on your private deck and share a bottle of wine or a dram, take a walk around the castle grounds, visit Edinburgh City Centre, or just sit under the stars and unwind, your Glampotel experience will renew your love of nature and leave you feeling refreshed.
Glampotel is the world’s first true Glamping “Hotel” chain, and we pride ourselves in bringing you eco-tourism glamorous camping at its finest around the UK. Glampotel offers you everything that you enjoy about camping including sleeping under the stars, outdoor cooking and falling asleep to the sounds of nature but without any of the hassles of a traditional camping break. There’s no queuing for shared bathrooms, no pitching the tent and no sleeping on uneven ground. Each of our properties are unique and each location offers different surroundings and experience. However all of our Canvas Cottages have ensuite bathrooms, hardwood floors, custom wooden furniture, and same high level of quality and luxury. As found in fine boutique hotels, your bed will be made up with luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet, fluffy white towels and toiletries in your very own private en-suite bathroom.
AS FEATURED IN ELLE MAGAZINE June 2016 AS ONE OF THE BEST GLAMPING SITES FOR SUMMER
YOUR CANVAS COTTAGES
Each of our beautiful and romantic ensuite Canvas Cottages feature
- Well equipped kitchenette with all utensils and cutlery as well as a kettle, with tea, coffee and bottled water on arrival and a solar or propane powered fridge to keep your food and drinks nicely chilled..
- A king size bed, dressed with with luxury Egyptian cotton bedding, soft cushions and fluffy white towels. Your bed will be made up on arrival and if you have booked in younger guests, you’ll also find their camp beds with duvet covers.
- En-suite bathrooms with eco-friendly composting toilets, sink with hot and cold running water, and showers with hot running water, complete with complimentary biodegradable soap, bodywash and other essential toiletries.
- Woodburning Stove, ready for your arrival. Staff will show you how to light and use the stove. If required, extra logs can be purchased from Reception.
- Lockable chest for your valuables, which is secured to the floor of your Canvas Cottage.
- Solar lighting will keep you lit at night, and a USB charger ensures you can keep your devices charged and ready for use if you want to stay to connected to the outside world.
OUTSIDE YOUR CANVAS COTTAGE features
- Private deck with a gas powered BBQ, patio heater and parasol
- Bistro dining set with comfy chairs for you to relax and enjoy the surroundings
- Extra blankets for even greater warmth
The Castle itself is not open for viewings or tours, however, walking maps are provided so that you can explore the extensive grounds of the Estate. Furthermore, candles for lanterns are provided along with a camping light and torch, with your Canvas Cottage being fully lit inside.
Guests should enter by the main gates of the estate leading from the B800 which runs between South Queensferry and Kirkliston.
Yourselves, your food & drinks, and your favourite toiletries
Edinburgh is known as The Festival City and during the summer months, when the City comes to its vibrant peak! With regular trains and buses into the City Centre, Glampotel Dundas Castle is the perfect retreat for festival goers
From £129.00 per night mid-week per Bell Tent for 2 adults
Add £30 per child and £25 per dog per stay
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.