Glamping Scotland and Nothumberland with Hot Tub
Glamping at Shepherd’s Rest at Strathmore Caravan Park is set in beautiful West Fishwick, Scotland. Just minutes away from the Scotland, England border and therefore perfectly situated for exploring both Northumberland & the Scottish Borders and just 6 miles from the historic town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. Investigate the independent shops found in many of our local towns and villages or travel a short distance over to Northumberland on the English side of the Border for more fun activities, famous historic sites and the many ‘Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.’ The perfect base for all types of holiday. Whether you intend a quiet retreat from the world or an action packed adventure holiday.
Shepherd’s Rest is a private area nestled within the grounds of Strathmore Caravan Park which is home to our stunning Shepherds huts Romney & Merino. Both are set in their own secluded bay surrounded by indigenous trees & evergreens. These cosy retreats promise to transport you back to a time when life was much simpler …. although we’ve added some special little touches to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Step out of the fast lane and while away the hours at Shepherd’s rest, and to help you adjust to a life without stress we’ll even deliver a complimentary breakfast basket to your doorstep on your first morning with us.
These snug hideaways offer the chance to put your feet up in front of a toasty log burner after a day exploring, watch the sunset from your veranda as the BBQ smokes, gaze at the breath taking starry skies from a wood burning hot tub, visit our Chatterbox Folly where you can have a private evening toasting marshmallows over the fire and finally snuggle up in Egyptian cotton sheets watching a dvd as you drift off to a restful sleep.
Romney & Merino both include the following facilities:
- A Log Burning stove (logs for stoves included in price)
- Belfast sink unit with hot & cold water
- Mini Oven with grill & dual hob
- Cutlery, Utensils and Pans
- Denby Crockery
- Tv with inbuilt dvd player
- Selection of Magazines
- Digital Radio
- Double Bed
- All Egyptian cotton bedding
- Christy towels
- Outdoor seating area
- Traditional games
LOG BURNING HOT TUB Shared between the 2 Shepherds huts, logs included in price
TOILET AND SHOWER Our unique composting Privy and Scrub a dub dub are a short stroll away and are beautifully decorated & always pristinely presented.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Nearby Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Boat trips from Berwick to Paxton during the summer months.
- Union Bridge, the first of its type in the UK and the oldest of its type still in use, which links England and Scotland
- The Chainbridge Honey Farm for a wander around the vintage museum and sample some fabulous honey
- 5 miles from the pretty village of Norham, a finalist for England’s Favourite Village Award and famous for its imposing Norman castle ruins depicted in Turner’s iconic paintings. The fish and chip van on a Thursday night is also not to be missed!
- The local area sports rare birds and World Heritage site status, an outstanding National Park and numerous familiar sites featured as location shoots for Hollywood movies
- Unspoilt beaches await in nearby Berwick upon Tweed. The magnificent views from the cliff top walks at St Abb’s Head and the Holy Island of Lindisfarne
- Nearby Scottish towns and villages have outstanding facilities for dining, shopping and great days out, as well as ancient abbeys in both Kelso and Jedburgh
- Textiles the Scottish Borders presents excellent discounted shopping for high quality knitwear from market leading cashmere and woollen companies
- Castles and stately homes in the area than almost anywhere else in the UK and most are open to the public for visits. Alnwick boasts both the castle used in Harry Potter, as well as the ever popular Alnwick Gardens
- The charming, ancient towns of Duns and Kelso
- Edinburgh is an easy day trip either about an hour by car or 45 minutes on the train from Berwick upon Tweed
- Excellent cycling on quiet country lanes around the villages and on dedicated cycle routes including the Tweed Cycle Way which we are located on, as well as numerous others suitable for all levels
- Fishing on The Rivers Tweed, Teviot and Eden
- Golf with an array of golf courses from which to choose
- Horse Riding The nearby stables at Kimmerston offer tuition and farm hacks as well as beach rides and treks in the Cheviot Hills
- Walking – many country walks across both the Scottish Borders and Northumberland just waiting for your discovery
- Wildlife – visit the Osprey Watch Centre at Glentress Forest and there are many well documented nature trails to explore
- Stargazing – follow the space station as it blazes a trail through the dark skies overhead, or if you’re really lucky glimpse the breathtaking spectacle of the Northern Lights, a truly magical end to any day
- Eating Out – the area has a host of cosy pubs, quaint cafe’s & relaxing restaurants. Berwick Upon Tweed itself has plenty of choice
Prices starting from £99 per night for 2 adults
including complimentary breakfast on your first morning
Extra Breakfast baskets £15 per day for 2 adults (includes juice, cereal, pastries)
Minimum Stay 2 nights
Suitable for 2 adults
Sorry, no pets
Open all year
A 7 night stay at Strathmore Shepherd’s Rest for £500 SAVING £95!
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.