Glamping North Norfolk
Swallowtails ticks all the boxes for the perfect glamping holiday in Norfolk. We are just a couple of miles from the beautiful North Norfolk coastline and situated on the outskirts of the charming and vibrant town of Holt. The town of Holt with its many gastro pubs and an array of galleries, antique shops, gift shops, clothes shops and the well known food hall, Bakers and Larners provides plenty to do on the days you are not on the beach.
The campsite is hidden away within the tranquil woodland glade of Holt Hall, well away from any roads. You’ll have the run of the grounds of the hall which comprises of extensive areas of grassland, woodland and lakes. We offer a range of focused activities for kids designed to allow them to connect with nature and develop their creativity. This gives parents the opportunity to truly relax in idyllic surroundings and have a day to themselves knowing that their children are being looked after by our qualified nature and art activity leaders.
Our stylish luxury yurts, situated in the quieter pocket of the ‘Swallowtails’ campsite, have king sized beds and single day beds with pull out single mattress trundle, sleeping from 4-6 people comfortably. At 18ft in diameter, you have a real sense of space inside the yurts with windows to light the interior in the day. All yurts have windows that look out onto the glade and open to ventilate the yurt. Yurts are also felt insulated to keep you cosy in the night and cool in the day.
- Daybed (which doubles up as a sofa) with pull out single mattress trundle
- Underbed storage and blanket box
- Wood burning stove with space on top to boil your kettle (also provided)
- Kindling is provided and a basket of wood (sourced from the surrounding woodlands by our groundsman, Chris).
- Additional wood can be purchased from the supplies shack
- Bedding, towels, tea towels, rugs and blankets
- Lanterns, solar panel charger for electric socket to charge devices and boil a kettle when the wood burning stove is not lit, solar lighting & portable solar lamp and head torch
- Water dispenser for drinking water (you can refill your water dispensers at the water point behind the washing up hut)
- Six person wicker picnic hamper with salt and pepper and bottle opener, tin opener, cooking equipment, e.g. pots and pans, graters, wooden spoons, grater, spatula, salad bowl, chopping board and knife, bread knife, sieve, tray, tea set with teapot, cafetiere or percolator, serving spoons, herbs & spices, cooking/salad oil and BBQ utensils
- Toilet facilities
- Shower block
- Washing up hut with ‘Ecover’ washing up liquid
- Weekly Friday ‘Pizza Night’, where you can make your own pizza and watch it cook in one of our two outdoor pizza ovens
- Communal campfire in the heart of the glade. Acoustic musicians are welcome to play at Swallowtails before 10pm
- Firepit: you have a pan rack and/or tripod for your campfire cooking and keeping warm when the sun goes down (Holt Hall produce their own charcoal from the surrounding woodlands which you can purchase from the supplies shack)
- Gas BBQ
- Table and chairs inside and out for eating meals, as well as 4 deck chairs
- We have a large fridge for your chilled food at the supplies shack which is close to the yurts and a coolbox in each yurt
- We also have a book swap shelf to exchange books once you have read them and we can also deliver the Sunday papers of your choice to your yurt
- Fantastic new kids play area including net climbing frames, climbing wall, basket swing, log and giant tyre stepping stones, dens and drum circle
- Supplies Shack for essentials like bread, milk and eggs etc. You can also purchase you fire wood to avoid collecting wood from the surrounding woodlands. Holt Hall also produce their own charcoal to purchase and use in your BBQs. Seriously carbon neutral!
- Lake with pond dipping platform
- Cycle Hire (from Huff and Puff Cycles)
- On site massage available
ACTIVITIES & WORKSHOPS
Unlike many campsites, we offer a variety of activities for all ages. The programme of activities allows our guest to enjoy the natural surroundings of Holt Hall. Parents can also relax whilst their little ones are entertained by our experienced nature and art leaders. We create a tailor made weekly programme of activities based on interest and the weather, of course. Undercover activities usually are scheduled on rainy days. Here’s a list of things we get up to over the summer holidays…
- Den Building
- Bug Making Workshop
- Bat Walks – dusk walks equipped with echo locators (adults are welcome)
- Art in the Environment– creating art from crafting natural materials (adults are welcome)
- Nature Poetry Workshop – using experience of the woodland and meadows to inspire poetry and illustrations
- Pottery (adults are welcome)
- Willow Creatures
- Yoga for kids
Adult Activities/Art Workshops:
- Mixed Media Art
- Landscape Painting
- Land Art
- Acrylic Painting
- Expressive Drawing
- Adult Yoga classes
You’ll have a bag full of memories to take home with you!
THINGS TO DO NEAR SWALLOWTAILS
- Norfolk Norfolk Coastline
- Local seafood at Salthouse
- Holkham Hall Estate
- Gressenhall Workhouse Museum
- Titchwell RSPB Reserve
- The River Glaven is in walking distance
- Stiffkey Estuary
- BeWilderwood fantasy adventure park
- Sheringham Park National Trust Estate Grounds
- Sheringham Chalk Deposits Beach for rockpooling
- Blakeney Marshes
- Mackerel Fishing off Salthouse
- The Norfolk Broads
- Historic city of Norwich
Yurts from £95 to £120 per night depending on season.
Sleeps up to six people (if sleeping six, you will need to bring two additional single camp beds)
For single occupancy and couples, we discount your bill by £10 per day on yurt bookings (please let us know party sizes).
Two nights minimum booking
Traditional Grass Tent and Caravan Pitches (no electric hook up, but solar panel kit hire available subject to availability. Booking in advance is advisable)
Tent Pitches: £11 per night (no extra costs for awning or gazebos)
Caravan Pitches and Large Tent Pitches: £12 per night
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.