Round the Woods is glamping in the glorious natural beauty of the Norfolk countryside will help you truly unwind and smooth the rough edges of camping with glamping in our yurts. Nestled among the trees, in the beautiful surroundings of the Wensum valley, Round the Woods is where you can feel truly sheltered from the world. Snuggle up by the fire on a cool spring evening or relax in a hammock on a warm summers day. Explore the woods and get in touch with nature. Find yourself near unblemished beaches, beautiful Norfolk broads, and fabulous, fun-filled forests. We have provided all you need to stay in complete comfort in one of our beautiful handcrafted yurts, making this the perfect stress-free escape.
There are two fully furnished handmade yurts at Round the Woods, Oak Tree Yurt and Hazel Nut Yurt, each catering for up to 4 adults and an infant. Oak Tree sits under a line of mature oak trees and is basked in the morning sunshine, making for a truly wonderful experience to wake up to.
Hazel Nut is nestled in a perfectly shaped clearing in the trees and receives the afternoon sun as well as a great view of Norfolk’s beautiful sunsets.
Light and spacious with a clear skylight for viewing the stars. The inside of the yurts are furnished with comfort and relaxation in mind including
- Luxury king size bed
- Orthopaedic mattress with luxury topper and 100% cotton bed linen
- Hungarian goose down bedding and pillows
- Egyptian cotton towels
- Soft blankets for cosying up in front of the fire
- Wooden futons for comfortable seating that can be transformed into two spare beds at night
- Cot bed on request
- Kitchen area with essential cooking and dining items
- 2 hob gas stove and grill
- Handmade woodburning stove will provide warmth and cooking facilities
- Charcoal bbq for alfresco cooking
- Cool box with ice blocks for keeping your items chilled
- Welcome hamper with locally sourced breakfast ingredients for your first morning
- Beautifully lit with solar fairy lights and tealights
There is no electricity in the yurts, however electronic items can be charged in lockers in the shower building.
OUTSIDE YOUR YURT
- Our yurts are each positioned with lots of private space around them
- Each yurt has a large picnic table with a charcoal bbq
- A private eco toilet alongside each yurt – no long walks in the night to go to the toilet
- Your own personal hammock
- A swing tennis set for those competitively minded
Alongside your yurt is your private eco toilet. Without the inconvenience of long walks in the night to spend a penny, just nip outside your yurt and enter your well lit toilet hut.
Each of the 2 washrooms are fully equipped with a nice hot shower, washbowl sink, mirror, hairdryer, chair and shaver socket, giving you the space and privacy to enjoy your shower or take the whole family for a wash.
Loaded with games and books for you to borrow, a freezer full of ice blocks and leaflets and books guiding you through all there is to do in the area. There’s also an up to date weather forecast to help you plan your stay!
Huddle around the campfire on an evening toasting marshmallows.
EXPLORE THE WOODS
Take a wander through the woods and see what wildlife you can spot. Keep your eyes out for herons, hares, deer or our resident barn owl hunting over the meadow, a magical sight. If you time it right there are large areas covered in daffodils and bluebells. There are several small streams throughout the woods, a large pond at the end of the woods as well as a pond near the orchard. Say hello to our chickens in the orchard too.
The yurts are located in a big field that’s great for children to burn off energy so why not
- Borrow an outdoor game or ball from the communal area
- Climb a tree
- Have a go at pond dipping and discover what is living in the ponds
- Listen out for the roar of the dinosaurs from the nearby Dinosaur Adventure
- Have a go at den building in the woods
- Relax in the gazebo by the pond, if you’re lucky you might see the owl hunting
- Wander through the wildlife meadow. Can you smell the water mint?
We are conveniently located for access to all that Norfolk has to offer and there’s plenty of great activities and sites to visit including
- Dinosaur Adventure Park
- Foxley Wood
- Mid Norfolk Railway
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse
- Whitwell and Reepham Railway
- Local walks and cycle routes including Marriot’s Way – a 26 mile footpath, cycle route and bridleway
- Pensthorpe Natural Park
- Bure Valley Railway
- Lovely market villages of Reepham, Aylsham and Holt
- North Norfolk Beaches
- The Norfolk Broads
- Thetford Forest
- Great Yarmouth
- Bewilderwood – A huge, award winning forest of family fun and outdoor adventure
From £75 per night
2 or 3 nights (same price) for weekends – off peak £280, peak £320
2 nights min for midweek – off peak £75 per night, peak £88 per night
7 nights from £493
Prices above are for 2 adults in a yurt and there is an additional charge of £10 per child per night & £15 per adult per night
Sorry, we do not accept dogs onto the site due to wildlife, the use of adjacent fields by a shepherd and the unfenced nature of the site. Local kennels available.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.