At Fallow Fields, Glamping and Camping in Kent come together, roam free, feel the outdoors and escape real life. Whatever’s your camping thing, Fallow Fields Camping is the perfect place to do it. It won’t be long before home and reality seem a million miles away. Set up by Lex, who from many, many, camping trips knows how a great campsite with the right vibe can really make for a memorable glamping and camping trip. Our ethos is to bring the same great camping experience to many locations working with the NFU supporting farmer diversification. We’re based on a stunning fruit farm 2 miles from the beautiful inlet town of Sandwich. Four acres of fallow land nestled between cherry, pear and apple trees, makes for a great backdrop to enjoy the big skies and amazing sunsets this part of Kent has to offer. We hope to be in more places going forwards, but all of our hand-picked locations will offer the same great experience; real fires, communal mess area and camp shop, local food on weekend evenings and, right at the top of the ‘essentials list’, clean facilities.
For us it’s all about the Fallow Fields Feeling. We all remember the great camping trips, and the campsite normally has a lot to do with it; the vibe of the place, where you’re pitched, the surroundings, the facilities, the local area. You come back exhausted, grubby, but you’ve loved every minute, you have felt a million miles away from reality, you have a smile on your face and are already planning the next trip.
Style it out in one of our ten furnished bell tents or bring your own tent.
OUR GLAMPING AND CAMPING SITE IS IS OPEN
Tuesday 1st August to Tuesday 29th August 2017
- 10 furnished bell tents each sleeping up to 4 people (including 2 luxury bells with added extras, for an even more luxurious experience!)
- 55 pitches for bring your own tents
- Toilets – small permanent toilet block (x2 toilets), and good quality mobile toilets (x5) and showers (x6)
- 4 washing up sinks, and 4 sinks for washing / teeth – covered but not enclosed
- Ice block freezing
- Small shop onsite – camping basics and local food including meat and bread cooked daily (from local bakery), farm produce and fresh coffee
- Ice block freezing
- Food vans / events at weekends
The Retreat Area is a big covered area and somewhere to escape and includes
- Trestle tables
- Hay bales
- Board games
- Colouring for kids
- Book exchange
- Candle lit in the evening of course!
CAMPSITE AND LOCAL AREA
Based on a fruit farm we offer pick your own while on site, depending on what is ripe at the time. The landscape is flat with good drainage and a beautiful aspect to watch the sun set!
Walk through the campsite gate and through farm land to public footpaths that disappear across the fields in the direction of Ash or Woodnesborough. You don’t need to travel much further afield to take in the best of what the local area has to offer:
- Dover Castle; for both big and little kids. Be taken back in time to the 11th century as you explore the most iconic of all English fortresses..
- Sandwich Bay; breathe in the sea air. Five miles of unspoiled sand flats, salt marshes and sand dunes for you to explore.
- Sandwich; a perfect place to mooch. A beautiful medieval town on the river Stour that yes, made ‘the sandwich’ popular.
- Deal; a great spot for brunch or a cheeky drink. Head to Jasin’s Restaurant on architecturally renowned Deal Pier with views of the open waters towards France.
- Margate; voted 7th hippest place in the UK, with its boutique shops, antiques and independent eateries, Turner Contempory gallery and Dreamland attractions it’s a great place for all the family.
- Local pubs; the Five Bells at Eastry will offer you a warm welcome with traditional pub grub, there’s also a few more worth checking out a short drive (or cycle) away; The famous Griffin’s Head at Chillenden (10 mins) or the Black Pig at Staple (5 mins or a 25 min walk).
GLAMPERVAN HIRE details available at http://www.love-glamping.co.uk/campervan-hire-kent/
Bell tents: £80 per night mid-week all in (max 4 per tent & min 2 nights stay)
Tent pitches: £8 per adult & £5 per child mid-week (ages 3-16) per night
No to caravans, motorhomes & those new big transit campers. Small campervans are ok.
Dogs are a yes in own tents, not bell tents, but must be kept on a lead.
Predominantly a family campsite, we’ll accept family groups (we try to keep the noise levels to a minimum after 10pm, so we’re not a party site!).
Campfires – we do / encourage, off the ground campfires. Firepits can be hired and wood purchased on site.
Glamping and Camping available from 1st August to Tuesday 29th August 2017
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.