Glamping in Norwich Norfolk
Norfolk’s newest glamping and campsite is situated in the beautiful surroundings of 80 acres of Country Park and just 15 minutes by bike form Norwich’s historic city centre. We have glamping in the form of boutique Shepherds huts, Bell tents or a yurt – or bring along your own tent. The idea of the campsite came from our love of fresh air and being under canvas, rain or shine! There are not many things as special as falling asleep next to your over ones, exhausted from exploring and adventuring, then waking up to a sunrise, camp stove tea and grass between your toes. Why not join us for a countryside break with the fine city of Norwich on your doorstep and the world famous Norfolk Broads in your back garden!
Within a few minutes walk you will be able to hire canoes and kayaks to explore the Broad, enjoy woodland walks and practice your balancing skills on the family-friendly low ropes course. If you need a break from the great outdoors, hop aboard the Riverbus and cruise into Norwich. The museums, shops and cinemas and cafes of Norwich are also easily accessible on foot, by bike, bus or car. If you want to travel further afield, the beautiful North Norfolk Coastline and Suffolk Heritage Coast is just 30-45 minutes from Norwich.
THE BELL TENTS
Each of our six bell tents has a massive 5m footprint and sits in a spacious grassey pitch, perfect for an evening relaxing by the campfire. Our Bell Tents are decked out in funky vintage and retro wares – this is camping in style! Perfect for families, each tent can comfortably sleep up to 6, with two double futons and two fab foldout mattress beds. Or, for those looking for a little bit of peace and quiet, why not come and stay for a nice chilled out weekend with your partner and enjoy a few nights under canvas? The tents are fully carpeted with coir matting and have zipped windows at the base for peeking out at the views.
- Sleeps up to 6 people – (a combination of Up to 4 Adults and children under 16 – 6 persons or max of 4 Adults sharing), four people on single or double futons and two on comfy floor mattresses
- Fully carpeted with coir matting and rugs
- Wooden picnic table provided for al fresco dining
- BBQ provided (Charcoal sold separately)
- Vintage & retro furnishings, soft, solar powered fairy lights and bunting for truly boutique camping
- Bedding not provided. Please bring your own along with any cooking stuff and crockery you need
- Fire pits available to rent for just £3 per night
- Dog Friendly Bell Tents available also
Please remember that comfy though our Bell Tents are, this is still camping – but instead of struggling to pitch – you can just move in. You’ll need to pack a torch, a warm sleeping bag and clothing suited to the weather.
THE SHEPHERDS HUTS
Our fabulous Shepherds Huts offer all the joys of the great outdoors whilst still keeping some of your home comforts. Whether you are flinging open the double doors to embrace the summer sunshine or cosying up around the log burner, a stay in one of our Shepherds Huts is the perfect way to enjoy Norwich and the broads.
- We have two huts; one with a double and a single bed (3 person hut) and the other with a double bed and single bunk beds (4 person hut)
- Both huts have a wood burning stove for warming tea and toes
- The huts fully insulated and have double glazed windows
- Each hut has outside space, with a picnic bench for cooking and dining
- A BBQ/fire pit for is provided outdoor cooking, marshmallow toasting and, of course, huddling around
- The beds are fully made up with duvets, pillows and throws
- Included is kindling & one basket of firewood for you to use on the log burner or outside (BBQ charcoal available from reception if required)
- Our family hut is also dog friendly – dogs charged at £3 per night, well behaved pooches only (max 1 dog or 2 very small dogs)
- Need more space? There’s enough space for you to pitch a tent also (camping fees apply)
- Available for booking all year round
What you need to bring: Crockery, utensils and other cooking essentials, A gas camping stove if you don’t want to use the BBQ (outside use only), Your weekend kit for adventuring- sturdy shoes, sunglasses and a good book!
The Wonderful Whitlingham Yurt – inspired by traditional Mongolian Yurts but with a few twists to adapt it to our climate and add a few touches of luxury! Our yurt has a massive 6m footprint and comes fully furnished with a solid wood double bed with bedding, two double cosy futons double and a cosy wood burner. Perfect for families and groups of friends our yurt offers loads of space, funky furnishing and a large decked area to sit out and and look over the beautiful Whitlingham countryside.
- Sleeps a family of upto 6 people (max 4 adults and children), or 4 adults in comfort
- Beautiful wooden double bed with bedding provided
- Two, solid wood double futons with super plush mattresses – please bring your own bedding for these
- Wood burning stove inside, fire pit outside
- Price includes kindling & one basket of firewood, and gas for the BBQ
- Gas BBQ with side burner for big cook ups and making a brew
- Large decked area with table and chairs
- Warm and twinkly solar lighting & portable solar lamp
Our yurt is super comfy but please remember this is still a canvas structure! You’ll need to bring a torch for the night, sleeping stuff if there’s more than 2 people, and plates, cutlery etc. A water carrier is available on request and the nearest water point is approximately 1 minutes walk away, just down the field, near the loo’s and shower block. The Yurt provides all the good bits of camping with added luxury, and a magical stay under the stars.
ON SITE FACILITIES
- Large washrooms
- On site shop selling camping essentials and yummy drinks and snacks
WHITLINGHAM PARK CAFE
Is open 9am – 5pm offering breakfasts, light lunches, drinks and ice cream
BELL TENTS From £65 to £85 per night sleeping 6 people
SHEPHERD HUTS From £60 to £80 per night sleeping 2 or 4 people
YURT £300 to £320 for a 3 night weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) or 4 night midweek break (Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs) sleeping max of 4 adults or family of 6 (max 4 adults and children)
Camping pitches from £4 per person
Price depends on season, day of week and accommodation size – please see website for full pricing
Min 2 night booking for Shepherds huts and Bell tents (last min 1 night stays may be available contact for details)
Yurt is a set price for a 3 night stay arriving Fri or 4 nights arriving Monday
We do have some dog friendly Bell Tents – max 1 per tent charged at £3 per night
CONVENTIONAL CAMPING, CAMPERVAN AND SMALL MOTORHOME PITCHES also available
Each tent, hut or Yurt comes with one parking space – additional spaces charged at £5.00 per day
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.