Glamping in Kent
Explore the beautiful Weald of Kent for a romantic few days glamping in our comfortable old apple shed situated exclusively in over an acre of meadow. Back to the good old days! The full size double bed is as comfortable as at home, the wood burning stove is warming and the atmosphere is romantic… Based in the beautiful village of Bethersden, Darling Buds of May country, the Apple Shed was used in the 1960s and 70s to store apples and cherries when this was a working orchard farm. The Apple Shed lay unloved for many years. But just look at her now! Converted using reclaimed, recycled and locally sourced materials wherever possible, she is designed to give minimal environmental impact. Well equipped, (yes! a real loo, hot shower and pocket sprung bed!). Well insulated and double glazed so warm and cosy as toast in winter.
Our family loves dogs and we breed border terriers and labradors and there are very often puppies here. We are always happy to show you round! Other residents include Toast, the New Forest pony (who may look through your window!) and our two beehives which are tucked away in a quiet corner. We usually have honey for sale.
The village of Bethersden is a 5 minute walk away and has a two country pubs, village shop and artisan butchers. Both ‘the George’ and ‘The Bull’ do great home cooked food and Kentish Ales and are only a short stroll away. Borrow a dog and explore the woods! Host of houses and castles to visit, even a hot air balloon ride! Or sit on the deck, relax and do nothing…
The Old Apple Shed sleeps two. It consists of a sitting room with sofa bed, throws and cushions, plenty of interesting books, games and magazines and a cosy log burner. Off the sitting room is a kitchen area with table and chairs, work space, cupboards, drawers and fridge. The romantic bedroom is shabby chic with fairy lights around the antique iron bed, Cath Kitson curtains and fully carpeted. There is a modern en suite with an electric shower, basin and toilet.
- Welcome home baked cake on arrival
- Full sized pocket sprung double bed with luxury bedding
- Cute compact Baby Belling cooker
- All linen and towels
- Tea, coffee and sugar
- All cooking utensils, pots, pans, dishes and bottle opener
- Cd/I pod player
- Fantastic woodburner and logs
- Mains fed smoke/carbon monoxide detectors fitted throughout
- Free pick up from Pluckley train station if required
Fenced decked area with patio table and chairs and BBQ
Small shed with heater for coats, wellies, logs etc
THINGS TO DO
There is a folder of ideas and lots of interesting walks and things to do including
- Stevenson brothers Rocking Horse Makers (in village)
- Swift house Cookery School (in village)
- Kent and East Sussex Railway (Rural light railway from Tenterden to Bodium)
- Wildlife Heritage Centre – Smarden (Breeding programme for big cats including tigers, lions and cheetahs)
- Tenterden Town (‘The Jewel in the Weald’ is full of old buildings, antique and interesting shops and places to eat and drink)
- Sissinghurst Castle (8 miles)
- National Trust Great Dixter (11 miles)
- Dover Castle (28 miles) English Heritage
From £100 per night (min one night weekdays and 2 nights weekends)
Price includes a homemade cake on arrival
Please feel free to text for availability on 0785 452 2296
WINTER SPECIAL OFFER
Bottle of fizz and chocolates included in every stay!
Parking is up at the house and the Apple Shed is a short walk away
Bags can transferred in a wheelbarrow
Bring wellingtons and warm coats
No smoking in/around the shed/sorry no dogs
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.