Nestled in the beautiful Dorset countryside, our glamping site, Glampotel Bridport is a pleasant stroll to the village of Whitchurch. Glampotel Bridport is hosted within its own area of The Dorset Hideaway, located just outside of the beautiful Dorset village of Whitchurch. 5 miles away at West Bay where you can charter a fishing or tourist boat. Bridport is nearby, Charmouth beach just 3 miles away and Lyme Regis only 10 miles from The Dorset Hideaway.
Glampotel Bridport is located on former working dairy farmland, in its own large secluded open field and an elevated open spot within The Dorset Hideaway which is a camping and caravanning site. Run by its owners Esther and Mike, The Dorset Hideaway is renown for its tranquil surroundings, excellent facilities, and welcoming atmosphere and friendliness. Facilities include a small pond stocked with young fish, a picnic area, open fields to walk in and look over, with numerous nearby bridal paths. If you love nature, this is the place to come. The views from your Canvas Cottage are across an open field, and while you are sharing the field with 5 other Canvas Cottages, you can relax and listen to nature and the occasional sheep from nearby fields!
Glampotel is the world’s first true Glamping “Hotel” chain, and we pride ourselves in bringing you eco-tourism glamorous camping at its finest around the UK. Glampotel offers you everything that you enjoy about camping including sleeping under the stars, outdoor cooking and falling asleep to the sounds of nature but without any of the hassles of a traditional camping break. There’s no queuing for shared bathrooms, no pitching the tent and no sleeping on uneven ground. Each of our properties are unique and each location offers different surroundings and experience. However all of our Canvas Cottages have ensuite bathrooms, hardwood floors, custom wooden furniture, and same high level of quality and luxury. As found in fine boutique hotels, your bed will be made up with luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet, fluffy white towels and toiletries in your very own private en-suite bathroom.
AS FEATURED IN ELLE MAGAZINE June 2016 AS ONE OF THE BEST GLAMPING SITES FOR SUMMER
YOUR CANVAS COTTAGES
Each of our beautiful and romantic ensuite Canvas Cottages feature
- Well equipped kitchenette with all utensils and cutlery as well as a kettle, with tea, coffee and bottled water on arrival and a cool box to keep your food and drinks nicely chilled.
- A king size bed, dressed with with luxury Egyptian cotton bedding, soft cushions and fluffy white towels. Your bed will be made up on arrival and if you have booked in younger guests, you’ll also find their camp beds with duvet covers.
- En-suite bathrooms with eco-friendly composting toilets, sink with hot and cold running water, and showers with hot running water, complete with complimentary biodegradable soap, bodywash and other essential toiletries.
- Woodburning Stove, ready for your arrival. Staff will show you how to light and use the stove. If required, extra logs can be purchased from Reception.
- Lockable chest for your valuables, which is secured to the floor of your Canvas Cottage.
- Solar lighting will keep you lit at night, and a USB charger ensures you can keep your devices charged and ready for use if you want to stay to connected to the outside world.
OUTSIDE YOUR CANVAS COTTAGE features
- Private deck with a gas powered BBQ
- Bistro dining set with comfy chairs for you to relax and enjoy the surroundings
- Gas powered patio heater that allows you to sit outside, even on those chillier evenings
- Extra blankets for even greater warmth
There is a small visitor parking area for Glampotel guests. As a guest of Glampotel, you will be greeted at Reception by either Mike or Esther and shown to your Canvas Cottage.
Yourselves, your food & drinks, and your favourite toiletries
ON SITE SPA
On site is the Hideaway Spa with beauty and holistic therapy treatment rooms. All treatments are carried out by ITEC trained and BABTAC insured staff providing a professional and relaxing service. Choose from massage, manicures and pedicures without leaving the site, only a short walk from your canvas cottage.
ON SITE SHOP
You will also be able to use the sites main facilities including a shop which stocks all the daily essentials such as fresh milk, eggs and bread.
TAKE AWAY VAN
Once a week a take away van is onsite in high season
Just a mile away is the Shaves Cross Inn which is over 500 years old and on one of the oldest pilgrim trails, leading to Whitchurch Canonicorum Church, the only church to have its saint’s relics buried within except for Westminster Abbey. Dorset is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and there are plenty of attractions and places to visit nearby including
- Charmouth Beach
- West Bay
- Lyme Regis
- Isle of Portland
- The Jurassic Coast
From £125 per night per Bell Tent for 2 adults
Add £25 per child and £15 per dog – both up to two per canvas cottage
Whilst our canvas cottages are spaciously sited in a large open field, do bear in mind that the wider campsite can get busy during bank holidays and school holiday periods – so be prepared for the sounds of happy campers enjoying the family atmosphere.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.