Welcombe Meadow in Devon is a small, family-run glamping site. We provide a unique camping experience in a safari style tent, sleeping up to six. The site is set up exclusively for you, with just the one tent. It has everything you need for a luxurious camping experience. Relax enjoying views over the Devon countryside or cuddle up on the huge sofa in front of the wood burning stove. Enjoy dinner on the front deck, with great views across the Devon countryside towards Dartmoor, or just take time-out stargazing. Take time to explore beautiful North Devon, with some of the best beaches in the country. With the site positioned mid way between Dartmoor and Exmoor, there’s great walking and great views. For the more adventurous, have a go at fly fishing, take a surfing lesson, ride the Tarka Trail or just explore some of the best that North Devon has to offer, from stunning gardens to secret beaches and great river walks.
Explore the farm land and plantation wood; making camps, playing till dusk then lighting a camp fire and toasting marshmallows. Pop up to the village, just 5 minutes walk, for a pint and lunch. Pick your own fruit and veg. for the freshest meals ever! Enjoy dinner on the front deck, with great views across the Devon countryside towards Dartmoor. Watch the wildlife around your tent, including owls, foxes and deer. Have you got friends who want to stay over for a night or two? Ask us about accommodation.
THE SAFARI TENT
The tent can sleep up to six and is fully equipped with everything you could need for your stay including
- Double bedroom, a twin single and sleeping cabin, for a unique sleeping experience
- Sheets, duvets and pillows are all provided
- Each room has storage for clothes. Included are electrical sockets for the essential hair dryer
- Cots are available
- Space to store coats, boots and other items, keeping your tent clutter free
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wood burning oven
- Huge sofa
- En-suite shower and toilet pods – providing instant hot water with a flushing toilet and sink in the other pod
- Towels and toiletries are provided
- At the front is a large decked area where you can just sit and relax, taking in the great view. Or, move the dining table outside to eat al-fresco.
COOKING AND EATING
You can choose how to cook, either on the wood burning range, outside on the BBQ or using the gas hobs in the kitchen area. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge, hot and cold water, utensils, condiments and everything else you could need.
Pick your own salad, vegetables and fruit (in season) from the veggie plot for the ultimate freshly cooked experience. We aim to provide a range of vegetables that you can dig, cut or pick from the veggie plot, when in season. Although not truly organic they’re home grown! You can’t beat the flavour, and smell, of freshly picked new baby carrots. Try some of the local meats, including lamb from Fisherton and the best ever sausages and burgers from Mudhouse Farm, Dolton. There is a fridge/freezer in the tent to keep all your essentials cool and ice for those really hot days.
Alternatively choose something from our freezer list and pop-it in the oven, we offer a wide range of options, plus vegetarian. Fancy something different – why not try Miles’ fish and chip van (every Tuesday evening in the village) or the Thai van (every Friday evening in the village).
You also have the use of a small utility room, with an upright freezer, sink, combination microwave, washing machine and dryer. Especially useful with younger children.
BREAKFAST HAMPERS @ around £9 per person
PICNIC HAMPERS @ around £10 per person
EVENING HAMPERS @ around £6 per person including Chicken Curry, Chilli, Pies etc
DESERTS AND CAKES at various prices including Fudge Cake, Victoria Sponge and more
BBQ HAMPERS @ around £10
Many other locally sourced food available including Bread, Eggs, Conserves and Local cheeses
A UNIQUE FINE DINING EXPERIENCE
Is your break to celebrate something special – an anniversary or birthday possibly? We’ve teamed up with Pig and Olive to offer you a fine dining experience in the safari tent. Two local chefs from The Pig and Olive will come to the tent and cook – just for you! They can offer two, three or four course meals using the best local ingredients, some of them from their farm and our vegetable garden. Cooking just for you on the wood burning stove, they can provide a tailored menu, we can provide a wonderful setting.
Contact us if you would like to get more information about this incredible experience.
Welcombe Meadow is about 30 minutes from the beaches and the moors , Exmoor and Dartmoor.
There’s something for everyone to enjoy in North Devon including
- RHS Rosemoor for the budding gardener
- Milky Way for the kids
- The Big Sheep
- Tarka Pottery at Torrington
- Take a walk on Dartmoor
- Find a secluded valley on Exmoor
- Stroll along the banks of the Taw or Torridge rivers, both a short drive from the site
- For the adventurous, try wakeboarding or coasteering. Have a go at fly fishing or learn to surf.
North Devon, has some great beaches, from the expanses of Woolacombe and Saunton to the secret coves, hidden between the cliffs. With so many beaches, there’s something for everybody. Step out of the car onto the beach or explore a secret cove.
Some of the beaches inlcude
- Instow – walk along the beach, enjoy a lunch at The Boathouse
- Woolacombe – an ideal beach for the family, a great expanse of sand with plenty of room for everyone, pop up into the village for a local ice cream
- Croyde – a beach for the surfer in the family, fast barrels when it’s really working
- Saunton Sands- endless miles of golden sand with a great longboarders wave
From £135 a night for a Weekend Break
Minimum 2 night stay
The site is dog friendly but please remember that this is a managed farm. Please check the Terms and Conditions for guidance.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.