Glamping and Wild Camping Northumberland
Wild Northumbrian Yurts and Tipis is situated in the Northumbrian National Park. Large native American Tipis, handcrafted fully insulated 20′ Mongolian Yurts and now the most idyllic Shepherds hut are set amongst thousands of acres of wild fells, meadow and woodland. Wood burning stoves, hand crafted beds with duck down duvets, majestic candle light. Facilities heated by air source and under floor heating. Beautiful hampers full of local produce and handmade products. From one night romantic breaks and special occasions to week long family holidays, this is wild camping with more than a touch of luxury. Each Yurt, Tipi and the Shepherds Hut set in its own unique location all on its own in the 25 acre site. Bespoke workshops and activities too. In the darkest starriest skies in Europe and also a 25 mins drive from the wonderful Kielder Observatory.
Three large authentic handmade Tipis set in beautiful individual sites
BROCK, TOD, PEEWIT Sleeping 4-6
Wild Northumbrian Tipis are stunning structures set in their own piece of wild Northumberland. Go to sleep with sounds of the little burn outside. 21ft diameter, 21ft high with so much room to stretch out, to play, to dream… With a traditional open fire pit for heat and cooking Tipis are the emblem of the free spirit, of wilderness and a connection with the natural world. Both Brock and Tod Tipis were totally revamped during 2013 with sanded larch floors. Tod Tipi has a wonderful new site overlooking the Tarset valley. Look out for Bushcraft Tipi weekend packages and the half day Tipi living experience packages.
Our Tipis are fully equipped:
- For cooking… all equipment including a little gas stove (Cook Wild if you can, its more fun!) and a lovely fire bowl
- For eating… all equipment, utensils you need including Norwegian recycled wooden bowls, plates and cutlery
- For sleeping…with a cosy and comfy camp mattresses
- For comfort… reindeer skins, rugs, sheepskins and cushions
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Decking to sit out and view the stars (darkest skies in the UK)
All you need to do is bring your duvets/sleeping bags and pillowcases and towels, binoculars for the Buzzards and wellies too..
These sites are very secluded and wild 350 m down the meadow. some people with small children or mobility issues may need to consider Peewit Tipi or one of the Yurts. Tipis are natural, organic structures. This is wild camping in style. Tipis are ancient structures which are very much a “hands on ” experience..or those who are “wild at heart…” . Tipis are wild camping and not glamping.
NEW FOR 2014
- A lovely quirky reclaimed wood composting loo and 2 camp showers for Tod and Brock Tipi making them fully independent of the main site. Ideal for wild eco friendly living.
- Unique drip catchers from Wolf Glen Tipis that will pretty much eradicate drips.
MERLE, ESK AND HOULET Sleeping 4 to 6
Our three Mongolian Yurts (or Gers) set in beautiful individual sites. Wild Northumbrian Yurts are hand crafted, bespoke structures, fully insulated for all weathers. Adapted for this climate they offer a window to the stars and changing seasons. A closeness to nature, yet with a wonderfully luxurious feel. They have wonderful local reclaimed furniture and organic, fair trade rugs and sheepskins. All the touches you would expect to make your stay magical.
Our Yurts are fully equipped:
- With recycled wood burning stoves you can cook on and a dual gas camping stove too
- For eating…all equipment, utensils and a storage and butchers block for all your cooking essentials
- For sleeping… hand crafted, reclaimed wood king size double beds, and luxurious organic camping beds from recycled materials.
- For comfort…with rugs, sheepskins and cushions, duck down duvets and pillows
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Great decking to sit out take in the the breathtaking views around your a glowing handcrafted fire bowl
Both Tipis and Yurts have enough wood for a couple of days and candles you need included. They all have outside decking, a fire pit, hammock and reclaimed wood table. Water from water carriers filled for your stay. Extra water from a standpipe or kitchen. They all have a range of books, games and drawing materials in the kitchen area. Cosy and warm all year round !
The new Houlet Yurt near our new rope swing bridge
THE SHEPHERD HUTS
A Beautiful handcrafted Shepherd Hut, with two more due for 2014
- Completely insulated with sheeps wool and hemp
- Wonderful Hobbit woodburning stoves for heating and cooking
- King size double beds with duck down bedding
- Fully equipped kitchen
- All candlelit
- Beautifully placed, exclusive locations, fabulous views
- Outside fire pits with BBQ facilities
- Perfect for couples
- Family Shepherds hut for 4 coming 2014
ON YOUR ARRIVAL
We’ll take you round , tell you about this wonderful area and let you know that if there’s anything you need we’ll be around to help.
All our on site facilities are here to create a free, easy, comfortable stay, looking after our visitors but also our environment and surroundings. After your adventures of the day you will find :
- Constant hot showers, cosy underfloor heated showers and drying areas, where you can dry clothes and just relax under a hot shower.
- Fully equipped kitchen area where you can wash up, cook with gas stove, fridge, washing machine. All those essentials to make cooking, or storage a little easier! (Weekdays 12.30-1.15 pm the kitchen is used by our local Unison colour staff.)
- Fresh water is available at all accommodation in containers and at a standpipe nearby, along with enough wood for a day or two to start you off by your Tipi and Yurt so stoves stay warm and crackling!
- Extra kindling and wood is available at £2.50 and £5 per large log net by the kitchen
- A garden allotment and orchard where you can collect free range eggs or just feed and watch our lovely ducks and hens
- Communal outdoor fire pit areas with nearby hammocks to share stories or just sit and ponder in peace.
- Bird and squirrel feeding areas so you can get to know the locals!
- Wild Northumbrian Supplies in our kitchen including extra gas, wood, kindling, matches, paper, our free range eggs, cakes etc. We have a convenient honesty tin too!
- Coming soon a range of produce made from Wild plants , flowers and fruit.
THOSE LITTLE EXTRAS…
- Easter egg hunts and other seasonal activities
- Personalised hampers with local produce
- Local ice cream
- Fairy walks & Wildlife watches
- Remote wildlife cameras
- Exciting workshops from Falconry, Historic Pottery to Bushcraft and Foraging
- Bat nights to stargazing nights
- A wonderful 300 year old Inn a walk away
- Thousands of acres of wild Northumberland National Park to explore
- Join in on many heart warming community events such as Ceilidhs and Northumbrian Nights
- Osprey watch
- Dog friendly!
- Guided walks and bike trails
- A fabulous rope swing bridge to get from Merle and Houlet Yurt over a our deep little burn.
- Bring your horse! With livery close by and a 9 acre meadow on site.
- A bike friendly site with secure storage and a bike hub route
- Eco-friendly wheelbarrows to your Yurt, Tipi or Shepherds Hut
- Half day outdoor living workshops with Rob Caton of Wild Harmony available on request
WORKSHOPS, ACTIVITIES & EXTRAS
Just let us know and we’ll arrange bespoke activities and workshops from professional practitioners. Fun filled days for all the family and one-off intensive courses. Check out the different packages available and current prices are printed on our website.
WILD NORTHUMBRIAN HAMPER BOXES
Wonderful local produce from amazing producers in Northumberland including cheeses, chocolate, sausages, cakes…Just drop us a line and we’ll send a full list of products and prices You can create your own hamper or choose from a range of ready made boxes.
HAVE A STARGAZING PICNIC !!
Get out amongst the stunning beautiful milky way, planets, galaxies, super nova with a family star gazing picnic! Includes Star gazing binoculars, a tripod and a basket with a flask of hot chocolate and cakes, sweets and other treats!
GET IN A CHEF!!
Zen also do outside catering. Using our soon to be installed bread oven they will and BBQ Zen will lay on a feast of pizza, puddings, breakfasts, breads, or other menus. You can also hire our 20 ft Squirrel Barn Shepherds Hut that seats 10-12 for those special occasions.
Let us take the strain…Just tell us how many bikes you need and your heights and we’ll do the rest! Turn up and dump the car. Day hire and weekly rates available.
SPECIALIST GUIDED TRAILS with Ian Bell
Reiver and wildlife rides though the forest for all the family led by local expert Ian Bell.
Night rides for more advanced and one for all the family.
STARRY NIGHT WALK PICNICS
A treaty picnic including a basket of cake, sweets and hot chocolate. Bring torches and warm clothes!! Have adventures , see animals like badgers, roe deer, foxes, bats and hear the forest, fells and woodland by night.
ORGANISED WALKS including
Alistair’s Tarset Walks
The Reiver Trail EIVER TRAIL
Shephers Walks@Wild Northumbrian
HOLISTIC THERAPY SESSIONS
Come and treat yourself with an amazing variety of Holistc therapies
FAMILY ACTIVITY DAY
A great day out for the whole family to enjoy. Firstly you will spend time meeting and holding the birds that you will be flying. You will learn all about them including their habitats, hunting techniques and various other interesting facts. Afterwards, a variety of Birds of Prey will be flown to you! Be amazed by the silent flight of owls and the agility of hawks. You will be up close and hands on, experiencing Birds of Prey as you never have before!
FALCONRY EXPERIENCE DAY
Experience the thrill of a Falcon stooping inches above your head. You will end your day with a Hawk walk: flying a Hawk free through the open countryside, swooping down from the trees and landing on your gloved fist time and time again.This is a hands on experience day where YOU hold, handle and fly a range of Owls, Hawks, Falcons, Vultures and Eagles.
BUSHCRAFT AND SURVIVAL
Wonderful Bushcraft days out in Northumberland National Park. Full of adventure, fire making, shelter building, wild cooking, foraging, tracking and many other bushcraft skills. These days are ideal for a family day out or anyone who want to get out there into the wild Northumbrian landscape and learn from Rob Caton, a renowned expert in the field. Tea and coffee provided as well as delicious homemade soup and bread for lunch or self catering if you prefer. Why not go the whole way and stay in our amazing Tipis or Mongilian Yurts at Wild Northumbrian with your own firepit, woodburning stoves and candlight!
FORAGING AND WILD FOOD WITH LINUS AND LOUISE OF NORTHERN WILDS
Fabulous adventures into the wild of Northumberland collecting and preparing wild food, learning new skills including fire making and woodcrafts such as making dream catchers and head dresses with our pair of experts Linus and Louise. Great for families and children!
ROMAN AND PREHISTORIC POTTERY DAYS
Join in on fantastic days of making and firing your own historic pots! Participants in Graham Taylor’s Prehistoric Pottery workshops learn to find and prepare natural clay, make their own pottery tools, form and decorate various different pot types from the Neolithic, Bronze-Age and Iron-Age and fire them in open fires.
STAR GAZING AT THE KIELDER OBSERVATORY
Take full advantage of the amazing starlit nights here – The Uk’s first Dark sky reserve – and then Treat Yourself to a wonderfully inspiring visit to the Kielder Observatory. The workshops are so popular you are going to have to book early but really worth it! Book a place on the Kielder observatory website www.kielderobservatory.org/events
BESPOKE SESSIONS WITH AN ASTRONOMER
If you would like us to arrange for an astronomer to take you on a journey to distant planets and galaxies just let us know and we’ll arrange a session for you
Fish in England’s finest Salmon fishing rivers. Some of the best beats on the North Tyne available. Just send us a message or give us a ring and we’ll give you the latest Reports and local information including availability and prices. Fishing Rods from £35 per day. firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCHERY WITH ALBION OUTDOORS
Challenge yourself and your family with one of the oldest traditional sports. Your Archery sessions will be led by John who is a qualified Coach and Archery leader of Albion Outdoors . Archery is suitable for people 6 years and over. Tipi parties with and Archery packages available.
Stay and create, in our very own artists studio. Hire an artists studio or a huge 24ft workshop Tipi. 30ft Artists Studio with wood burning stove, sinks, gas ring and other essential facilities. Your own personal Tutor sessions available too with professional artist – just ask us for details
CHILDREN’S EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Apart from being a magical experience for children, Wild Northumbria cater for all kinds of activities and events for children including:
Childrens parties, Art, Drama and Dance workshops
Bushcraft adventures for Teenagers!
All with fully CRB checked and trained teachers and leaders.
Be able to stride out knowing your children are having a wonderful time!
We are creating wonderful holiday packages including Fishing, Unison Colour Art weekends and Holistic eco-retreats. Stay with us in a tipi or Yurt and experience a tailor made holiday just for you. We do whole site bookings. Hen weekends , birthday celebrations, reunions… we can accommodate up to 30. We can organise all sorts of bespoke activities and events. Just ask for details of availability and prices.
Wild Northumbrian is situated in the Upper North Tyne Valley, in the area of Tarset between Bellingham and Kielder Water. Within a short walk from the small hamlet of Greenhaugh. Centrally located in the Northumberland National park in good distance for visits to the Roman Wall, Kielder Water, border towns, Northumberland coastline, Cheviots.
- A host of attractions and and sites are within easy reach including
- Northumberland National Park on yout doorstep
- Northumberland’s famous Heritage coast with its castle, country houses and miles of empty beaches
- Kielder Water for activities including bike trails, fishing, sailing, kayaking and much more
- Hadrians Wall, the world famous World heritage site with its fabulous museums, walks, oozing with history
- Hexham: The wonderful market town with a award winning farmers market and Abbey. Packed full of cafes and quirky shops.
- Rothbury and the Simonside Hills. Great cafes and little shops, fabulous walks for all ranges of ability.
- Many National Trust and English Heritage sites including Cragside, Wallington and Belsay Hall.
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens and home of Harry Potter
- The Farne Islands Visit this magical haven for sea birds, seals and much more
- Edinburgh is only 1 hour 45 minutes away with its world famous festivals, castle and history
- The Lake District is only 1 hour 40 minutes away!
One night £90
2 nights £180
3 nights £240
4 nights £320
5 nights £350
6 nights £390
7 nights £420
Prices include wood, kindling, matches, firelighters for the first day or two.
Extra persons £5.00 children £10 over 16
From £90 for 1 night
From £200 for 2 nights
From £240 for 3 nights
From £280 for 4 nights
From £400 for 7 nights
Prices for 4 people. Extra at £15.00 a night or £10.00 for children.
10% off for couples or 10% if you bring your own linen
From £90 for 1 night
From £180 for 2 nights
From £240 for 3 nights
From £270 for 4 nights
From £285 for 7 nights
Prices are for up to 4 people staying
Extra persons £5.00 children £10 over 16
CHECK PRICES FOR EACH YURT, TIPI AND SHEPHERDS HUT HERE
OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.