Glamping and Wild Camping Northumberland
Wild Northumbrian Yurts and Tipis is situated in the Northumbrian National Park. Large native American Tipis, a Scandinavian Laavu Tipi, handcrafted fully insulated 20′ Mongolian Yurts and two 16ft yurts and now the most idyllic Shepherds hut are set amongst thousands of acres of wild fells, meadow and woodland. Now we can cater for you with our Outside kitchen with an Italian wood fired oven and dining Shepherds Hut for 10! Wood burning stoves, hand crafted beds with duck down duvets, majestic candle light. Facilities heated by air source and under floor heating. Beautiful hampers full of local produce and handmade products. From one night romantic breaks and special occasions to week long family holidays, this is wild camping with more than a touch of luxury. Each Yurt, Tipi and the Shepherds Hut set in its own unique location all on its own in the 25 acre site. Bespoke workshops and activities too. In the darkest starriest skies in Europe and also a 25 mins drive from the wonderful Kielder Observatory.
THE TIPIS CURLEW & PEEWIT (Sleeps 4 to 6)
Wild Northumbrian Tipis are stunning structures set in their own piece of wild Northumberland. Go to sleep with sounds of curlews and buzzards. 24ft diameter, 24 ft high with so much room to stretch out, to play, to dream… With a traditional open firepit for heat and cooking Tipis are the emblem of the free spirit, of wilderness and a connection with the natural world. Tod Tipi is now a lovely cosy 14ft Scandinavian Laavu Tipi with a woodburning stove and a wonderful site over looking the valley.
Our Tipis are fully equipped:
- For cooking… all equipment including a little gas stove (Cook Wild if you can, its more fun!) and a lovely woodburning stove or firepit
- For eating… all equipment, utensils you need including Norwegian recycled wooden bowls, plates and cutlery
- For sleeping…with a cosy and comfy camp mattresses
- For comfort… reindeer skins, rugs, sheepskins and cushions
- Lanterns with candles
New – A brilliant eco compost toilets by the Yurts and camping shower available soon too
All you need to do is bring your duvets/sleeping bags and pillowcases and towels. Bring your binoculars for the Buzzards and the Stars!!
This is wild camping in style. Tipis are ancient structures which are very much a “hands on ” experience..or those who are “wild at heart…” .These sites are very secluded and wild 350 m down the meadow. some people with small children or mobility issues may need to consider Peewit Tipi or one of the Yurts. Tipis are natural, organic structures. Tipis are wild camping and not glamping. New for 2014 unique drip catchers from Wolf Glen Tipis that pretty much eradicate drips.
New: A lovely quirky reclaimed wood composting loo and soon a camp shower for Tod and Brock Yurt making them fully independent of the main site. Ideal for wild eco friendly living.
Look out for Bushcraft Tipi weekend packages and the half day Tipi living experience packages
THE YURTS MERLE, ESK, HOULET, BROCK AND TOD (Sleeps 4 to 6)
Wild Northumbrian Yurts are hand crafted, bespoke structures, fully insulated for all weathers. Adapted for this climate they offer a window to the stars and changing seasons. A closeness to nature, yet with a wonderfully luxurious feel. They have wonderful local reclaimed furniture and organic, fairtrade rugs and sheepskins. All the touches you would expect to make your stay magical.
Our Yurts are fully equipped:
- With recycled woodburning stoves you can cook on and a dual gas camping stove too
- For eating…all equipment, utensils and a storage and butchers block for all your cooking essentials
- For sleeping… hand crafted, reclaimed wood king size double beds, and luxurious organic camping beds from recycled materials
- For comfort…with rugs, sheepskins and cushions, duck down duvets and pillows
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Great decking to sit out take in the the breathtaking views around your a glowing handcrafted firebowl
Introducing the new 16ft Brock Yurt – A real romantic hideaway or family Yurt for 4 down by the burn.
ADDITIONAL TIPI AND YURT FACILITIES
Both Tipis and Yurts have enough wood for a couple of days and candles you need included. They all have outside decking, a fire pit, hammock and reclaimed wood table. Water from water carriers filled for your stay. Extra water from a standpipe or kitchen. They all have a range of books, games and drawing materials in the kitchen area. Cosy and warm all year round !
THE SHEPHERD HUT
- Completely insulated with sheep’s wool and hemp
- Wonderful Hobbit woodburning stove for heating and cooking
- King size double bed with duck down bedding
- Fully equipped kitchen butchers block
- All candlelit
- Beautifully placed, exclusive location, fabulous views
- Outside firepit with BBQ facilities
- Perfect for couples
- Quirky reclaimed wood compost loo
- Private Hot “Aussie” style Bush shower coming soon
ON YOUR ARRIVAL
We’ll take you round , tell you about this wonderful area and let you know that if there’s anything you need we’ll be around to help. If we are not there there is a map and you are welcome to wonder up to your accommodation and move in!
All our on site facilities are here to create a free, easy, comfortable stay, looking after our visitors but also our environment and surroundings. After your adventures of the day you will find
- Constant hot showers
- Cosy underfloor heated showers
- Drying areas, where you can dry clothes
- 2 fully equipped kitchens where you can wash up, cook with gas stove, fridge, washing machine
- All those essentials to make cooking, or storage a little easier! (Weekdays 12.30-1.15 pm the kitchen is used by our local Unison colour staff.)
- Fresh water is available at all accommodation in containers and at a standpipe nearby, along with enough wood for a day or two to start you off by your
- Tipi and Yurt so stoves stay warm and crackling! Extra kindling and wood is available at £3.00 kindling and peat available too
- A garden allotment and orchard where you can collect free range eggs or just feed and watch our lovely ducks and hens
- Communal outdoor fire pit areas with nearby hammocks to share stories or just sit and ponder in peace. Also bird and squirrel feeding areas so you can get to know the locals!
- Take advantage of our Wild Northumbrian Supplies in our kitchen including extra gas, wood, kindling, matches, paper, our free range eggs, cakes etc. We have a convenient honesty tin too!
- Coming soon a range of produce made from Wild plants, flowers and fruit
THOSE LITTLE EXTRAS…
- Easter egg hunts and other seasonal activities
- Personalised hampers with local produce
- Local ice cream
- Fairy walks & Wildlife watches
- Remote wildlife cameras
- Exciting workshops from Falconry, Historic Pottery to Bushcraft and Foraging
- Bat nights to stargazing nights
- A wonderful 300 year old Inn a walk away
- Thousands of acres of wild Northumberland National Park to explore
- Join in on many heart warming community events such as Ceilidhs and Northumbrian Nights
- Osprey watch
- Dog friendly!
- Guided walks and bike trails
- A fabulous rope swing bridge to get from Merle and Houlet Yurt over a our deep little burn
- Compost loo now at Merle and Houlet
- Bring your horse! With livery close by and a 9 acre meadow on site
- A bike friendly site with secure storage and a bike hub route
- Eco-friendly wheelbarrows to your Yurt, Tipi or Shepherds Hut
- Half day outdoor living workshops with Rob Caton of Wild Harmony available on request
WILD NORTHUMBRIAN HAMPER BOXES AND CATERING
Wonderful local produce from amazing producers in Northumberland including cheeses, chocolate, sausages, cakes…Just drop us a line and we’ll send a full list of products and prices You can create your own hamper or choose from a range of ready made boxes. Why let us create one for that special occasion, Birthdays, Wedding Anniversary, Honeymoon…Hamper boxes £30-80.00. Breakfast hampers from £40-£60.00 and Celebration Hampers from £50-£80.00.
BBQ Hampers, bed and Breakfast, Star Gazing Picnics, “Get in a Chef”, Wild Food Feast and Louise’s Wild Kitchen
WORKSHOPS, ACTIVITIES & EXTRAS
Just let us know and we’ll arrange bespoke activities and workshops from professional practitioners. Fun filled days for all the family and one-off intensive courses. Have a look at Workshops and Treat Yourself!
- Wild Northumbrian Workshops
- Unison Colour Art Weekends
- Bushcraft days
- Wool workshops
- Ancient Pottery making
- Bat Nights
- Reiver history and Wildlife Walks
- Stargazing with an Astronomer
- Childrens Parties and workshops
- Holistic Therapy
- Night bike treks
EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR INCLUDE
Wildlife at Wild Northumbrian, Photography workshop, Discover Stargazing and many more local events in the area throughout the year.
Wild Northumbrian is situated in the Upper North Tyne Valley, in the area of Tarset between Bellingham and Kielder Water. Within a short walk from the small hamlet of Greenhaugh. Centrally located in the Northumberland National park in good distance for visits to the Roman Wall, Kielder Water, border towns, Northumberland coastline, Cheviots.
Attractions and sites within easy reach include
- Northumberland National Park. On you doorstep
- Northumberland’s famous Heritage coast with its castle, country houses and miles of empty beaches
- Kielder Water. Many activities including bike trails, fishing, sailing, kayaking and much more
- Hadrians Wall, the world famous World heritage site with its fabulous museums, walks, oozing with history
- Hexham: The wonderful market town with a award winning farmers market and Abbey. Packed full of cafes and quirky shops
- Rothbury and the Simonside Hills. Great cafes and little shops, fabulous walks for all ranges of ability
- Many National Trust and English Heritage sites including Cragside, Wallington and Belsay Hall
- Alnwick Castle and gardens and home of Harry Potter
- The Farne Islands Visit this magical haven for sea birds, seals and much more
- Edinburgh Only 1 hour 45 minutes away with its world famous festivals, castle and history
- The Lake District Only 1 hour 40 minutes away!
We do whole site bookings. Hen weekends , birthday celebrations, reunions… we can accommodate up to 30. We can organise all sorts of bespoke activities and events
From £80 for 1 night, 2 nights from £140, 3 nights from £180, 4 nights from £240, 7 nights from £350
From £90 for 1 night, 2 nights from £180, 3 nights from £240, 4 nights from £280, 5 from nights £320, 6 from nights £420 and 7 nights from £450
CORBIE SHEPHERDS HUT
From £80 for one night, £160 for 2 nights, £240 for 3 nights, £280 for 4 nights, £350 for 5 nights, £390 for 6 nights, £420 for 7 nights
OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.